Meals are an important part of an active camper’s day! All our meals are cooked fresh by our in-house kitchen staff, and meal times are some of the most highly anticipated times of day! Our menu offers lots of variety over the course of a two week session– most meals are only offered once or twice in the span of 2 weeks. Buffet lunches are enjoyed picnic style by the lake while breakfast and dinner are served family-style in the dining room.
Some examples of favourite camp meals include:
- Scrambled eggs
- Croissants with Berries
- Macaroni and cheese with spinach salad
- Homemade pizza
- Hot dogs with French fries and salad
- Grilled cheese and soup
- Chicken with vegetables and wild rice followed by our famous Strawberry Shortcake!
- Lasagna with caesar salad
- Chicken fingers with rice and vegetables
- Spaghetti with meat sauce and garlic bread
- “Greek Night” with chicken souvlaki, roast potatoes, Greek salad, and pitas
Fresh fruits and salads are staples at each meal, and a fruit bowl is available around the clock for hungry campers. Alternate menus are prepared for campers with special diets such as vegetarian, vegan, lactose free, and gluten-free. Afternoon and bedtime snacks are provided.
We do not use a catering service, preferring to hire our own in-house staff to provide a wide selection of enjoyable healthy meals for the campers and staff.
* Camp Mi-A-Kon-Da has a strict ‘no nut’ policy.